Whether you are doing a major clean up or a minor renovation project, one thing is for sure: such project will definitely generate a hefty amount of garbage and waste materials. If you need to throw away a large volume of junk, you can either rent a dumpster or hire a garbage removal Ottawa company. Here are a few questions that people commonly ask about junk removal and dumpster rental Ottawa.
There are currently a number of companies that offer dumpster rentals and garbage removal services. Before hiring a particular company, it is best to investigate a little bit and check all the available options. Here are a few questions that people commonly ask about junk removal and dumpster rental in Ottawa. I hope these questions can help you find the most deserving and the best Ottawa garbage collection company.
What can I put on a dumpster or garbage bin?
Basically, the garbage collection Ottawa companies collect only non-hazardous junks and those materials and debris that can be lifted by two people. These types of waste materials include:
• Appliances such as washer, refrigerators, dehumidifiers, freezers, dryers, microwaves, washers, dishwashers, and others.
• Construction and demolition debris including drywall, concrete, plaster, glass, and bricks.
• Electronics like stereos, computers, monitors, televisions, printers, and fax machines.
• Flooring and roofing materials like asphalt, ceramics, wood flooring, carpet, tiles, and shingles.
• Furniture including but not limited to couches, desks, wardrobes, chairs, sofa-beds, mattresses, tables, and filing cabinets.
• Garden refuse such as grass, branches, logs, soil, leaves, turf, sod, and compost.
• Household items just like clothing, lawn mowers, books, cardboard, boxes, tires, tools, and bicycles.
• Wood items like firewood, pallets, fencing, plywood, and lumber.
Is there anything the City of Ottawa garbage pickups cannot collect?
Yes, there are things that garbage collection companies do not collect. These items and materials include asbestos, gas bottles, chemicals, paints, solvents, and other toxic or hazardous junks.
There are also some companies that do not collect furniture, electronic, and appliance items like mattresses, computer monitors, tires, fridges, electrical equipment, television sets, and hard drives.
Do the City of Ottawa garbage collection companies provide demolition services?
Most of the garbage collection companies provide demolition service. Some of these companies offer this kind of service for free and some others offer it for an extra cost. It is safe to ask the company about this during the site visit or before you sign the contract.
How much does it cost to hire a junk removal agency and to rent a dumpster?
The cost for junk removal and dumpster rental vary from one company to another. To know exactly how much the work will cost you, ask the Ottawa garbage collection company to see the materials in person before giving you the price quotation. Aside from the price, also ask the company if there are any other fees that you need to pay. It is important that you discuss this matter in detail beforehand to avoid unexpected extra charges.
For junk removal, the cost basically depends on the volume of the garbage to be taken out, the type or size of the vehicle to be used, and the amount of space the garbage will consume. Generally, the cost for an 8 x 12 x 6 bin can range from $85 for minimum volume to $498 for the full bin.
For dumpster rental, the cost will be based on the type of material you want to dispose of and the size of the bin you will hire. In Ottawa, the bin sizes that most of the companies use are 10-yard dumpsters, 20-yard dumpsters, 30-yard dumpsters, and 40-yard dumpsters.